Data quality concerned adviser in the field of data governance policies, management, data warehouse architecture and data integration.
In short: Business intelligence and data warehousing.
Was main lead in Business Analysis and Conceptual Integration area of the Orange Group’s Central Customer Data Mart for Slovakia. The system was providing all-inclusive view on France’s Telecom/Orange regional member branches to group-level decision makers as well as to local leaders.
Since 2008 providing expertise to small and middle sized enterprises and non-governmental organizations.
Developed first open data portal with data quality management elements in Slovakia. Built very first analytical open-data portal in Slovakia: Open Public Procurements, which was very first non-corporate, open-data and open government OLAP project, first time BI best practices were applied in the non-governmental sector in the Central and Eastern European region.
Defined a data processing pipeline that become a fundamental tool for Open Knowledge Foundation’s School of Data, which works to empower civil society organizations, journalists and citizens with the skills they need to use data effectively.
Contributor to Open Knowledge Labs, providing business intelligence and data warehousing expertise, helping to form open-data standards.
- PyData NYC 2014: Panel: Python in Business Intelligence
- PyData NYC 2014: Cubes 1.0 (Python OLAP) – new features (video, slides)
- Transparency Camp 2014, Washington DC, USA – Open-source OLAP
- Data Harvest 2014, Brussels, – panel Journos and Codes cooperating, talk Lessons from Business Intelligence for Open Data, talk Data Governance – why and how?,
- PyCon 2014, Montreal – Cubes – Distributed Data Warehouse (Scribd document/pdf)
- PyData 2012, New York – talk Python in Business Intelligence (video, slides); lightning talk Cubes - Lightweight OLAP (video); lightning talk PyData Academy (video, slides)
- PyTexas 2012, College Station, TX – lightning talk – Cubes OLAP
- Data Harvest, May 2012, Brussels – Open Public Procurements of Slovakia
- EuroPython 2012, Florence, Italy – talk and training: Cubes – lightweight Python OLAP (video, slides)
- BigClean 2011, Prague, Czech Republic – Open Data Data Quality (slides)
- Transparency Camp 2011, Washington DC, USA – Slovak Open Public Procurements; Cubes - open-source OLAP
- Open Knowledge Conference 2010, London, UK – Screenscraping Slovak Public Procurements
- Transparency Camp 2010, Washington DC, USA – Data Camp and Data Camp ETL – first Slovak Open Data projects
- E-Democracy 2009, Berlin, Germany, Open Data in Slovakia and Data Camp - a Data publishing application
- Znalosti 2004 (Knowledge 2004) – “The Trust – Evolutionary Simulation and Modelling”, February 2004
- ESUG 2003 – Smalltalk Conference – “StepTalk”, August 2003
- Cognition, artificial Life and Computer Intelligence, Stará Lesná, Vysoké Tatry. “Learning of a System Using Simulation with Minimal Assumptions”, May 2003
- The Trust – Evolutionary Simulation and Modelling, Znalosti 2004, ISBN 80-248-0456-5
- Source Finder and the Entrance to Hidden Economy, Journal of Economics, Slovak Academy Press, Volume 51, Issue 5-2003, 612-625, ISBN 0013-3035
- Learning of a System by Using Simulation with Minimal Assumptions, CALCI 2003, ISBN 80-89066-64-X